Friday, August 7, 2009

launch... delayed

The u-haul for the sentimentals isn't coming until sunday. But we're only two days behind (not bad, unassembling an entire household with two small and very active children underfoot. We're pretty out the door, just some last details and probably a day of cleaning up the house for the new family.

I keep hearing that we should be worried about our children being too close in the RV. Like we're going to be couped up with a couple of understimulated and hyper active kids. I will miss the 750 or so extra square feet I have in our house. Hmmmm. Maybe, some days. But as of right now, the only place the children give me space is in Sybil. In the house, they climb on me, cling to my skirts and kneecaps (very uncomfortable), and bug me to watch a show.



In the RV, Birdie Boy stations himself at the wheel (no fakey hotwheels dashboard for this boy) and Smootch visits her books in the bedroom and I have an unaccustomed amount of room to move. The novelty will wear off soon, most likely, but that is when I can toss the kids out into the backyard, aka, the whole world.


So, two more days. It seems like forever, but I've waited a long time for this journey already, so I'll just do what I would tell the kids to do: focus on what needs done, take some breaks to have fun, and before I know it, we'll be off.

7 comments:

katie said...

I've been reading your blog for a little while now, and I'm so jelous of your big adventure! I bet you have an amazing time. You are so lucky :)

Anonymous said...

It's hard to wait isn't it? I've been thinking about having enough space too, but the more I think about it the more convenient it seems. I will have way less stuff, and we will be outside so much more... we just can't be on top of each other all the time? If we do feel cooped up, we must be doing it wrong, lol.

Crystal said...

Hey! I was wondering if you'd share some specifics of your adventure with me? We're saving up for a 40' school bus to convert to an RV which we'll live in hopefully in the next year or so. Just curious as to more of your logistics on food storage, prep and purchasing,laundry etc.

Unknown said...

i got goosebumps reading your post, i am very excited for you all!

Sarah said...

But where will the sewing machine fit!?

Mary~Momathon said...

I just read through several of your blog posts and felt inspired! Then I blogged about it!

Thanks for the inspriation.

activated said...

Oh my gosh! Your RV looks like our first one. A Dodge Commander circa 1970 - we had it in the early 90s. And your littlest in diapers reminds me of our son when we started out - he is now almost 19 years old.
Best wishes.
Kimberly Goza
FOTR Web Master http://familiesontheroad.com